Yesterday was another glorious day so I decided to walked the 45 minutes to Granville Island. The walk it's self is a little crazy because you are walking on a bridge that is not unlike an on ramp for a highway. And at two points you actually cross a lane of car's getting on! Once there the place is pretty phenomenal. It's basically filled with artist shops, galleries and a public market that not only has a huge farmers market, it all so has bakeries, cheese shops, spice shops, meat shops, homemade pasta. And then you have little restaurants that serve anything from curry to hot dogs. It's a foodies paradise! I walked around and took a bunch of pictures, not that you will see them, thanks to google! Then went shopping because I wasn't hungry yet, and I was a bit over whelmed! If only there was something that great where I live!
Come to find out there are 2 bead shops, 2! Both were a bit pricey but I did buy a few things. Girls got to help an artist community! The beads made me hungry so I went back to the food mart which was crazy because it was 12:30. But that worked out cause I just looked for the long lines to find out which restaurants were the best. I went for the fruit and salad place and ordered the lunch special which was a pulled pork pita with choice of 3 salads, lentil, rice and bean and beet. The salads were awesome the pulled pork was just OK, which is what I get for eating the only meat served at a fruit and salad place.
Bought some strawberries and 2 brioche caramel apple cinnamon rolls for breakfast and a few gift. I plan on going back a few times while I'm here.
Dinner was at the Twisted Fork, Tuesday special half price mussels in a tarragon cream sauce with pomme frites on top! Delicious! We will be going back Sunday because the special is prime rib. Lets see if it's as good as mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment