My etsy shop

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Tuesday slept in because the couple in the room adjacent to ours argued until 1:30 a.m. Ugh.
DH and I planned to meet at the most popular restaurant called ViJ's. It's a contemporary Indian restaurant that people wait hours to get into. So the plan was I would go wait in line until they opened at 5:30 and get in for the first seating. DH would meet me there around 5:30 since that's the time he usually makes it back to the hotel. I get in, get seated, and 15 minutes later get a text from the DH saying class is running late and he would be another 45 minutes! Again, Ugh. So I inform the hostess this new bit of information and offer to sit outside and wait till he arrives, but luckily they let me wait at the table. I ordered a Dark Army, rum, lemon-ginger, mango and a pinch of garam masala. It was wonderful.
The DH showed up a half hour later. Drove like a maniac to get there no doubt.
We had a most unusual but delisious appetizer. Jackfruit in cardamom and cumin curry. I have no idea what the heck jackfruit is except that it is a fruit, but I actually thought they gave us the wrong appetizer. It was tender and stringy and juicey just like short ribs. Asked the waitress and she said yup that was jackfruit! Also had vegetable koftes in an almond marsala and lamb popsicles in a tumeric curry sauce.
I must say this place was just as good as all the hipe. Would come here again and again if we could.

1 comment:

  1. sounds fabulous, I am so jealous. any good toy stores? any good chocolate stores? jw

    ReplyDelete