My etsy shop

Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Birthday JW!


Quite the phenomenon is happening today, to quite a phenomenal person!
Today my sister "JW" and I are the same age! Irish twins I think they call us. For a month we will be the same age, leaving people perplexed as to which one is older. In years past JW would lie and say it was her. These days, now that we're "over the hill", she not so quick to speak up!
I remember as children we were either playing or fighting together. That's the nice thing about growing up in a large family, there was always someone to play with, always a friend with you.
JW comes from a cloth not many are made of. I've always said she has more balls then most men! And it's true. She has always been her own person. Owning a motorcycle in her early twenties, (back then it was unheard of for a girl). The girl is fearless, from sky diving to scuba diving, if she's interested in it she'll try it.
She's had a tough road being a single mom while going to school then on to working as an x-ray tech. I think we all know being a mom is the most important job a women can have, and being a single mom make's that job even harder. She's worked hard for everything she's got. Which today is a bond with a son like no other, a husband that loves her not despite her idiosyncrasies but because of them, and a job that she's damn good at.
Though she's my younger sister, I look up to her because of one thing. One trait of hers. She is the one person I know that really does not care what others think of her. It could be wearing knee-socks that don't match, with shorts, no less, or calling someone out for doing things that are unacceptable, or standing up for what's right when no one else will. She calls them as she sees them!
Some are lucky to call her friend, but I can one up them, I also get to call her Sister! OK, OK, younger sister!
I love you JW! Have a fantastic birthday!!! Eat sweets all day if you'd like (oh, you already do that) Ha! XO

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday JW!

    DH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys! this is the best birthday present ever older sister!! next to the wonderful necklace you gave me when you came to vist. thank you again and again, love the birthdaygirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete