My etsy shop

Friday, March 12, 2010

Now you know where I get my imagination

First I must start by telling you that the vegetarian stew I made last week was just OK. It could be because once you say vegetarian to me my mind automatically thinks boring! And I know that's not always the case. But it was this time. It's kind of like when you say your going to start a diet, you start craving junk food. And when I say you I mean me! See all I did was type the word diet and now I want a bag of potato chips. And when I say bag I mean bag!
So we're going to my folks house on Sunday to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, and I'm making this cake to bring.



It's an Italian Cream Cake, and I chose it because it's white so I can add green food coloring to it.
Ah, green food coloring! Brings back old memories. Growing up every St. Patrick's Day my Mom would color our breakfast with green food coloring. Now, your probably thinking wow that's amazing, did she mist the Rice Krispies with green food coloring?
As smart as my Mom is, she did not mist the Rice Krispies. Because St. Patrick's Day is in March and the cold cereal doesn't come out until June! That's right people it was green Cream of Wheat!
But it was also green milk at supper, and green baths at night! And the six of us thought we had the coolest Mom ever for doing that, and would look forward to it every year.
So this year I'm coloring the food green, but I don't like milk so maybe I'll put a drop in a glass of chardonny! But no green baths. My bath tub is mauve and adding green food coloring to it would just make it look too, icky.

No comments:

Post a Comment