My etsy shop
Monday, November 22, 2010
Another Birthday Shout Out
Today is my sister La's birthday. I'm so happy she was born, for lots of reasons. She is one of the most generous people, ever. So much so that every year for her birthday I try to come up with something to give her that she just can't help but keep! This year, once again I'm hoping my gift will be a "keeper". If what I have planned works out it definitely will be! I'll keep you posted!
If you just happen to mention how wonderful something is, she wants to give it to you, so others have often ended up with gifts meant for her. Not that it's talked about, it would be rude to ask "if you still have the so and so I gave you for your birthday", it's just a given. JW and I were just laughing about it yesterday, at first it used to bother us, but we realize it's just part of her nature. As with all of my sisters they are generous to a fault, it's good to be one of the sisters!
Way back when we were small, I picked on her. A lot. I know with 5 siblings someone is always getting picked on, but I was a jealous snot and picked on her more because I thought she was Momma's favorite. Always wanting to help Mom, clean or cook or whatever, a kiss ass in other words, so I was mean to her. A part of my childhood that I am not at all proud of. Ever so thankful that she doesn't hold a grudge, and has forgiven me for my mean and unkind ways!
Again, now, I realize that was just part of her nature. She is one of the sweetest, most sincere, kind people you will ever meet. Really, she is one of those people that when you meet her you can't help but fall in love with her. It could be because she is unpretentious or her relaxed dispostion, which is amazing all by it's self, since she raised 6 children (and what wonderful children, now adults they are)! She is down to earth and non-judgemental. She loves the simple things in life, money and the riches they bring matter not, more important is the time spent with her kids or friends. She is head strong and tenacious, but she is also a push over.
She has this innocents about her, it's kind of hard to explain, she has this way of looking at you when you are talking to her that lets you know she hears what your saying, kind of like little kids do (sometimes) then you talk to them one on one, if you know what I mean. And it always takes her a minute longer to "get" the joke, which is not to say that she's dumb, because she absolutely is not, it's just that innocents "thing". She always sees the good in people, and hardly ever talks bad about anyone. Traits I wish I possessed.
I am forever grateful that we did not lose her to cancer, so many years ago, now. Her going threw that taught me not to take my life or my family for granted. That family is most important, spend as much time as you can with them. Wether it's just sitting on the front porch with a glass of tea, or around the table with a good pot of soup. That's where the best memories are.
The best time I will ever have is time spent with my sisters. Talking and laughing like we did when we were young, minus the mean!
Happy Birthday little sis, I love you more than you know.
Labels:
La's birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy Birthday La!
ReplyDeleteDH