1. Because she's the best Mom ever.
2. I wouldn't be here if not for her.
Not only that but I wouldn't be the person I am today if not for her. Because she taught me how to be a strong, imaginative, independent, stop and smell the flowers women.
Growing up I was not very good at school. Or ever actually. Little know fact #1... I flunked third grade. She never yelled, or said she was disappointed in me. She just asked me if I did the best that I could. When school started again in the fall, all of us kids went to a different school. Was that because she knew all the kids would pick on me? Little known fact #2... I was very shy as a little girl, kids picked on me.
We were poor and we weren't like all the other kids. But we were clean and we were happy and we had each other. Which leads me to the best thing my Mom taught me and my brothers and sisters. Embrace your individuality. Be who you are, and be proud of who you are, don't change for anyone. It's our differences that make us interesting. Yes school/work is important, do the best you can. Other things are important too, like being kind and caring, love the little things in life. Work hard, stand strong for what you believe, be fair, honest and respectful. But don't forget to dance and be silly and make yourself laugh because that's just as important to get you through life.
Thanks Mom and a very Happy Birthday to you!

No comments:
Post a Comment