My etsy shop

Friday, October 8, 2010

Foodie Friday and Then Some

I forgot to mention in my last post that when we were at the Wisconsin Cutlery and Kitchen Supply store we purchased a boning knife! What a beauty. Used it on Tuesday to take the "silver skin" off a tenderloin, it was like slicing butter!


Click here to check them out on Amazon. Great knife for a small price.
The other thing we did on our long weekend was drive to Sur La Table to sign up for a cooking class.
It's a hour drive, and a little pricey for a class, but I'm going to learn how to make these little beauties!



French Macaroons!!!
And what's even better is I can make them with all the left-over egg whites from when I make ice cream! Your probably thinking, what so hard about making cookies. Well I've read a few blogs in my day and people say they are finicky little bugger's, so I'm hoping taking this class will take all the worry out of it for me. Then I'll get together with the other cooks in my family and teach them how to make them. Cause really, who wouldn't want small, low cal, flavorful pillows of smiles in there repertoire!
And maybe we'll make this first.



Hate to eat only cookies all day :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment