My etsy shop

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Artist I admire!

Bead and Button just published the link to last years "Bead Dreams" participants. Once your at that site click on the top right "next" button to see all of them (and as always click to enlarge). Some artists use beads some use metal and some use clay or glass. All are are juried to get in. All have spent a lot of time making each pieces (hence the "NOT"). Here are a few of my favorites.

Yukiko Yamamoto
The ever colorful Suzanne Golden
This is something I have thought of doing myself chain maille with beads,
 but just didn't have 5 years of my life to spare! Artist: Lynn Davy
This piece won first place, and though it was amazing
(the watch over the heart really works)! I talked to
Diane Hyde at the show and she showed me a piece
that got rejected and it was so much more amazing
that this one.


This artist is one of my all time favorite. I went to her booth at Bead and Button first, thinking I'd get my pick of the pretties before the whole world got there, only to find out I couldn't afford them. What was I thinking?! Hours of details are carved into metal clay, that's right it's made out of clay, (metal clay to be exact) that, when put in a kiln, burns away the clay leaving .99 percent silver. Pretty cool huh! Luckily I could afford some of her pieces parts. Stay tuned to see what I do with them. Oh, the artists name is Christi Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment