My etsy shop

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend

First thing I must tell you about is the amazing birthday cake the DH made bought for my birthday.
I realize I only need to say "Triple Chocolate Bavarian Torte", but OMG the best cake ever, seriously ever!!!!! It melts in your mouth like a liquid truffle!


Saturday and Sunday was the art fair, if you want to call it that. My first clue should of been that it was at a mall, and it was only the second time they had an art fair there. I talked to a couple of people that were venders at the first fair and they had nothing good to say about it. Unfortunately that was after I was accepted for the second show. I remained positive and upbeat, and thank goodness it didn't rain, but it was not a good fair. I did meet some great artist and did a little bartering for some small oil paintings. And thank goodness for the artists, my only sale on Sunday was from another vender!
I guess the "remote control people" did not like the fact that I was happy and upbeat for such a dismal show because somehow, someway, I still am not clear how, I twisted my ankle! Once again DH to the rescue, I was so happy he was there helping me breakdown the booth. I'm also glad he talked me in to staying home from work for two days. When I got up in the middle of the night (as I am wont to do) I could barely walk on it. And coming back to work yesterday, he was right, I would have been busting my butt, gimping around while my co-worker hit up facebook, YouTube and finishing his homework.
But I won't even get into THAT!
The worst part is that we planned on spending the weekend with two of my sisters downtown Chicago! I've been so excited about this for so long, dreaming about all the places we'd walk to, and restaurants to walk to, damn it, we're going if DH has to carry me on his back, we're going! We may not get to all the places I wanted to but we have one special outing that is worth the trip alone! You'll just have to tune in on Monday to see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment