This weekend I'm doing a show in my hometown. I've been in this show a few times and it's one of my favorites. It's at this historical house, out in the garden. And the garden is beautiful! (Sorry no photo's, I'll take some when I'm there.)
Oddly enough I'm actually calm about it. Yes, I was running around last night getting everything together and loaded into the car, but I know what to expect at this fair. That and I love that I can set-up the night before. Should be a fun filled weekend. I mean really, working outside, in a summer dress, barefoot, that and I get to spend a little time with my family, all the more fun!
Next weekend I'm doing a fair here in the area. It's a new fair, only the second time at this location, it's the first time I'm doing it. I'll be a bit more stressed about it. First, since it's new I'm not sure what to expect. Second, because I have to set-up the morning of the fair. Third, it's on pavement, ie nothing to anchor the tent to!
The other thing is I noticed out of the possible 80 spaces only 52 of them are filled and, and 15 of them are JEWELRY! Compared this to the fair this weekend that has 95 spaces (all filled) and 15 are jewelry.
At first I was worrying about this fact. I mean I am trying to make some money doing this! But the more I thought about it I realized there are 3 things you CAN NOT control, weather, your competition, and sales. I hope for the best in all of these, but there is no way you have control over them. So I've decided not to worry, to just go and have fun! Meet new people, enjoy the day, and if I sell something that would be great too. Oh, and the DH can come visit and bring me lunch!!
No comments:
Post a Comment