
Earlier this week I made this ice cream. And I think it is the best ice cream I've ever had.
I don't know how to explain it. I mean, come on it's ice cream, ALL ice cream is good. But I'm telling you this ice cream makes me get out of bed when I can't sleep (which is often) and go have a few spoonfuls. The base is a vanilla custard, we all know that's wonderful. The cherry's are roasted which I thought would be amazing because I've roasted berries ( thanks to the Barefoot Contessa) and they are the best thing since the push-up bra (not that I need one) :-D So I was surprised that these cherries roasted, were just OK.
You churn the ice cream and when it's just about done, you drizzle in melted chocolate, and that my friends is what makes it so amazing. NOT because it's chocolate mind you, no, no, because drizzling it in turns it into little tiny shards of chocolate that you barely know are there until they melt in your mouth! OMG! And the cherries once added to the ice cream base were so good. Their flavor intensified and the chunks of cherry are not quite frozen so they're a little chewy, and with the chocolate, WOW. The name of this recipe should be The Ultimate Chocolate Covered Cherry Ice Cream.
I must admit, I made it because I thought the "guys" were coming over. I like to make them a treat when their here. I know it sounds like I'm being so sweet and thoughtful, but don't kid yourself, I'm making somethings I want to eat but don't want to eat "all" of it an wind up 200 lb. That said, I so glad they ended up not coming over because I want to covet this ice cream! I am nice enough to share it with the DH thought! I love him THAT much!
Sooo...sweet
ReplyDeleteDH
So glad you loved the ice cream! And I do the same thing will all these decadent desserts - make other people eat them so I can still fit in my pants ;)
ReplyDelete