My etsy shop

Monday, November 9, 2009

Throw down!

Can I just be honest for a minute here. Beadwork magazine has knocked Bead and Button magazine on it's ass!
When I first started beading 18 years ago, B&B was "the" magazine to go to. I didn't even start subscribing to Beadwork till about 3 years later because it wasn't till then that they finally started having interesting projects.
Today the roles are completely reversed! My DH had to actually talk me into re-subscribing to B&B! That's how boring they got. While Beadwork on the other hand...well quite honestly I can't imagine how they could improve. They have 4 well known artist that give you a fabulous design every issue. On top of that they have something that they call Beadwork Master Class that is an interview with one of the country's leading bead artisan's where they talk about their work and show some of it off. There's also a project by them. Does it get any better than that?! Not at B&B it doesn't! Starting next issue( which will be in February, waaa) they will start the year with 4 new designer's. I will seriously miss Marcia. She is one of my favorite teachers. The things she makes using one basic stitch is beyond compare! Thank goodness she has a blog so I can keep up with all the wonderfulness of Marcia!
I won't be missing out on talent though, with Laura McCabe and Nancy Cain being 2 of the 4 artist 2010 is going to be a good year.
No videos or pictures today. Just click on these names to take you to their sites. I promise even non-beader will be amused!

No comments:

Post a Comment