The BIG drug company's could care less about lying to people about the effectiveness of the drug their taking! The results of that being a little known thing called DEATH!
"Ultrasound images of neck arteries showed that Niaspan shrank buildups by about 2 percent, while Zetia had no effect on this even though it lowered bad cholesterol as expected."
Do you find that troubling? I sure do.
Do ANY of the cholesterol lowering drugs in fact work? Is it too much to ask to get a drug that actually works?
"Last year, a large study found that the combo pill Vytorin was no more effective than Zocor alone, a statin now available as a cheap generic. In August, Merck and Schering-Plough agreed to pay $41.5 million to settle lawsuits claiming they delayed unfavorable study results on the drugs because they would hurt sales."
So it's NOT about fixing anything, it's about making money and ALOT of money at that, while people using the drug (that I'm sure they pay doctors to prescribe) are told it's helping them is in reality giving them false hope. This is exactly why I stopped taking statin's. If you lower my cholesterol numbers but I still have plaque build up in my arteries, I'm probably still going to have a heart attack. Now some people such as myself can eat right, exercise, lower their stress as much as they can, they will still have high cholesterol because their bodies produce more that it should and all of the above-mentioned changes are never going to lower it enough. So we NEED the drugs the HUGE drug companys make... or do we? I for one will be looking into this Niaspan which is actually a time release version of niacin. Niacin, a vitamin people, ie. NO DRUG COMPANY INVOLVED! There are some side effects similar to the statins, but I can put up with that much easier knowing the pill (I'm taking to save my life) IS ACTUALLY WORKING!
OK, I'm off by soap box. Now for the happy thoughts!
Yesterday I swear I saw this in my backyard!!!!

I can't be positive because by the time I saw there was a" BLUE" bird and actually grabbed the binoculars, got them in focus the bird (birds) were gone! (sigh) I went to the bird book to look up what I thought I saw and It looked just like this one! I swear!
I've always wanted blue birds in my yard, and there they were stopping by briefly on there way down south. You better believe next year I'll be buying Mealy worms! (ugh)
No comments:
Post a Comment